___________________________________________________________________


Downton Abbey

Welcome to All in the Detail... I am so glad you are here!





Downton Abbey cast
It has FINALLY arrived. Season 4 of the best PBS series ever!

I am a completely ‘over the top fan’ for this television show. Yes, I said television – trust me, I don’t watch much TV… it all seems so mindless. Don’t get me wrong, after a long day at work, sometimes it's just nice to sit down in front of the “boob tube” (as my mother always referred to it) and just shut down – completely. But, I guess with my mind always ON – I just can’t sit still for a long period of time and watch something that is completely cut to shreds by censors and commercials.

Sorry – I’ll get off my Soapbox now and get back on task…. Are you a Downton Abbey watcher? If not, I recommend that you get caught up on the first three seasons immediately. Rent, buy, DVR – whatever it takes to immerse yourself in their 1900’s English story. And if you follow this blog, you know I am a The House in the Production Nut. And, trust me, this house (and grounds) is just the beginning of this amazing show.

I promise I will not ruin the plot or occurrences of the show for those of you who are just getting started on following it or for those of you who have not yet watched Season 4 Episode 1 (Premiered Last Night) – but hurry up and get caught up so we can talk! Instead, let me share some photos of the vast grandeur of Highclere Castle, the real life location of where the show is shot and is actually the basis for this fictional series.


highclere castle home library

img_main_highclere Private-Lounge
Highclere-Castle-7

Enough to wet your appetite?